Being healthy doesn’t mean giving up all the good things in life – it just means making informed choices. One of those choices is to always choose dark chocolate over milk. And here is why:
- Dark chocolate contains far less sugar than milk chocolate. A 100g bar of Green & Black’s 70% Dark Chocolate contains 28.5g of sugar (Green & Black’s 85% Dark Chocolate contains just 13.5g) whilst Cadbury’s Dairy Milk contains 56.0g of sugar!
- Dark chocolate contains antioxidants which support your immune system and prevent damage to cells
- Dark chocolate contains theobromine which has been proven to harden tooth enamel
- Theobromine also acts as a vasodilator, widening blood vessels and lowering blood pressure
- Dark chocolate contains good levels of magnesium, a mineral which many of us are deficient in. Signs of magnesium deficiency include muscle cramps and insomnia
- Dark chocolate also contains good levels of iron, which the body uses to transport oxygen around the body
So if you are considering indulging in some chocolate make sure it’s dark chocolate – and the higher the cocoa content the better.